Growing a bonsai is an art that has been perfected for centuries in some Asian countries. Bonsai trees are actualy mini versions of the normal big trees, grown from the same seeds but in small pots being trimmed and pruned from time to time.
These beautiful trees would be a nice gift idea for plant lovers whatever the occasion – birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, and others.
Tips for buying a bonsai tree present:
- To make sure that the tree will survive in the surrounding conditions, choose a kind that can be grown in full size in the area the bonsai will be cared for.
- If you are buying a bonsai tree gift which will be grown indoors bear in mind that not all kings are suitable to live indoors. In that case tropical and subtropical trees would be a good choice and the ficus tree is the most common among them. They need however enough light and relatively high humidity,
- If you are looking for an outdoor bonsai tree you can get pine, juniper, spruce, maple or elms. They should be exposed to similar conditions as their full size counterparts.
- Make sure that the bonsai tree comes with some instructions on how to be grown because every tree species has its own specifics and requirements.
- For novices the Juniper bonsai tree would be a good way to start because it is one of the easiest to be cared for and can be easily reshaped. But it can be grown only outdoors. For a beginners’ indoor bonsai we would recommend the ficus tree which has hundreds of varieties all suitable for indoor cultivating.
Chinese Elm Tree Bonsai
- The plant should be grown indoors
- Expected blooming season - all year round
- Keep the soil moist
- Suitable for beginners